|Job Post Text/Description|
The job of a clinical assistant is to ensure that each patient consistently receives outstanding, individualized service at each treatment appointment.
• Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of each clinical day engaged and ready to participate in team morning meeting.
• Ensure that patients have an excellent experience by providing care in a patient-friendly environment. This includes bringing patients back on time for their scheduled appointment and greeting and acknowledging each patient by name at the treatment appointment.
o The goal of the assistant is to, over time, get to know the patients and interact with families on an individual level (ie team member remembers things about each patient).
• Serve as chairside clinical assistant, demonstrating proficiency in all areas of orthodontic assisting including, but not limited to, photographs, radiographs (panoramic and lateral cephalogram), impressions, digital scanning (iTero), reties, wire changes, initial bracket placement and bracket repositioning, expander placement/checks, aligner and retainer delivery and checks, and Essix retainer fabrication
• Demonstrate proficiency in orthodontic language and terminology such that clinical assistant can type chart notes using the terms and abbreviations used by the practice.
• Demonstrate proficiency in orthodontic practice management software such that assistant can schedule next visit chairside and cover telephone to help the administrative team when necessary.
• Efficiently run clinical chair to see 12-15 patients per day in a timely manner.
• Provide instructions to patients/parents throughout orthodontic treatment
o This includes initial expander instructions, adjustment to braces instructions, oral hygiene instructions at the start of and throughout treatment, initial aligner instructions, and retainer instructions.
• Assist in instrument sterilization via cold sterile, dry-heat, and autoclave methods.
• Work with other team members, both clinical and administrative, to help the day run smoothly
• Any other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the doctor.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
o Dental x-ray certification
• Unless prior arrangements have been made, employee is expected to work all hours that patients are scheduled for the orthodontic division.